Suggestions for locations for shooting in San Diego

Started by scottcolbath, June 03, 2010, 12:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Any of this august group done any aviation shooting in San Diego? If so, where do you go?

I'll be there this weekend. I don't know how close I can get to the naval base on Coronado, but that is about the only place I know besides the commercial airport.

Last time I was out at Mirimar serveral years back, I was hassled by MPs. Hell, I just wanted a pic of the Top Gun logo on one of the hangars.  ;D

Thanks,
Scott

Joe Copalman

I hear Imperial Beach is a great spot for shots of H-60s doing landing practice.  The dog beach on North Island is probably the best-known spot for shots there.

You really won't catch much military stuff on the weekend though.

If you're driving out, I'd recommend stopping by El Centro on your way.  Fridays can be good days out there in terms of transient traffic. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Scott,
Gillespie Field is having their airshow this weekend.  Gillespie us up in El Cajon, but should have some pretty good stuff this weekend.

Dave S.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

David Loera

That is an awesome show Dave, alot of Skyraiders I understand, and also T-28s, and T-34s
You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

scottcolbath

Thanks for the input guys. I'll fit in whatever I can, given the options.

S.C.