McDonnell-Douglas A-4 Skyhawk

Started by Joe Copalman, August 02, 2009, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Thank you very much Jeff.  I was surprised to see them there. Two single-seaters and the TA-4. Was also lucky to get them taxiing out. The only other times I saw them they were tied down and plugged up. Had to shoot quickly as they were already running when I got there.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

You can never have too many Skyhawks
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

The Skyhawk is one of the best subjects for a low-angle front-quarter shot.  Just frames so well.  My favorite of the bunch so far!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Thanks Joe! Ed Heinemann and his team got it right.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 19, 2015, 10:41:49 PM
Thanks Joe! Ed Heinemann and his team got it right.

Damn right they did.  Heinemann is hands-down my favorite designer.  So many of the US military's workhorses came from his shop.  It's something we kind of take for granted now with the F-16, F-15, A-10 etc having served as long as they have, but back then it was pretty remarkable to have tactical aircraft that served in Korea or WWII still in frontline US service in Vietnam as late as 1972.  Pretty sure Heinemann is the only designer who has that honor for three tactical designs (A-1, A-26, and F3D/F-10).     
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.