PHX tomorrow morning?

Started by Joe Copalman, December 23, 2009, 09:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Tomorrow (12/24) should be the last heavy-traffic morning of the season for the cargo carriers at PHX.  Dave Loera and I had a good day out there last year, with traffic being pretty solid from 7:30am to 9am.  The one downside this year is that it looks like the Evergreen 747 and the ATI DC-8 have all been departing well before sunrise.  But there is still quite a bit of DC-10/MD-11, A300, 767, and 727 traffic that departs at or after sunrise.  If the winds are coming from the east and the forecast looks good and if I can get my carcass out of bed early enough, I think I'm going to head out there for a little bit. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

BillOz

I might head out there in the morning.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Matt Ottosen

I'll be there between 7:00 and 7:30am tomorrow (with my crutches)!!  :-\

I'll see y'all then!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Dave S.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Dave S.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

I'm bringing cookies. 

For reals.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

redsox223

I cant wait to see the pictures you guys get, but cut the crap on the cold, we "might" hit 40 tomorrow for the first time since Ive been home.

John S

Seems to me there hasn't been as many heavies there as in the past couple of years.  I go by there about 12:30 in the afternoon and back again about 7-8 pm.  I have seen the Evergreen twice and a UPS DC 10/11 more.  The past few years there has been Atlas and Polar 747's and I usually see at least 1 UPS 747.  Must be the economy.   Guess the next ones to check for are the charters for the 2 bowl games. 

John

Joe Copalman

Flightaware has shown a fairly robust amount of cargo traffic, only most of it moves at night.  This morning I caught a FedEx A300, a FedEx DC10, a UPS A300, a DHL/ABX 767, a CCI 727, a FedEx MD11, a UPS MD11, tons of AmFlight twins and FedEx Caravans, and a KC-135 (not cargo, but still a cool catch).  Evergreen has a 747 parked on the cargo ramp, chances are this will go out after dark.  An ATI DC-8 also departed before I got out there this morning.

Actually, I think there was more heavy cargo traffic this morning than there was last year on the 24th.  We had a really good morning out there. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ