Thunder Over Flagstaff 2019

Started by Brian Corbett, September 04, 2019, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Corbett

Pretty much the same as every year, but with less stuff this time. I hung out from 0800 until about 1100, as nothing was going to fly. Didn't take shots of the Zulu and Venom that were there from Pendleton, though I did talk to the guys for a while. The Venom pilot was all stoked because Marine bases around the West rotate coming to the Flag "show" and it was his group's turn and he got chosen to attend. Anyway, here are a few shots!

RV Sea

Star of the Show
The Privateer was the only thunder the show had... LOL

Pinechang

Big Draw

Pontiac Row
There were far more cars than airplanes.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

PaulBradley

How disappointing! The show is so hit and miss. I remember the days when we'd get AV-8s, F-16s, T-45s.........

What unit were the Zulu and Venom from?

Brian Corbett

Quote from: PaulBradley on September 05, 2019, 01:32:56 PM
How disappointing! The show is so hit and miss. I remember the days when we'd get AV-8s, F-16s, T-45s.........

What unit were the Zulu and Venom from?

Very disappointing, indeed. The EAA chapter here has no interest in making it a real air show, as they say it's too much work, too expensive, etc. I've breached that topic with them on a couple different occasions and have been shot down each time. They do a crap job advertising and really have no sponsorship at all. Given the size of some of the companies here in town, I'm sure some sponsorship could be arranged, as it would be a big draw. Ah well.... We rely on the FBO and live with it, I guess.

The Marines were from MAG-39 at Pendleton.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images