FYI be on the lookout for a missing man formation flight next Friday the 22nd

Started by cholubaz, March 15, 2019, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cholubaz

Got this email from a friend at DVT.

It will be the Thunderbirds doing the flight.  Not sure who died, but he's getting quite the send-off.

March 22, 2019 @ approximately 11:15-11:30 we will need to sterilize the DVT airspace for 10-15 minutes for a military missing man flight (4-7 F-16's) being conducted at the cemetery off Cave Creek Rd., north of Deer Valley Rd. Please feel free to call me here at the tower today (Friday) or next week.

The operation will begin east of SDL and follow a westbound heading that touches SDLs north most point of their Delta airspace. The formation will then go to the cemetery and perform the missing man, then the flight will proceed to the N/NE VFR while joining up with the single ship that did the missing man. They will then go back to DMA for the airshow.

During the time we are holding people on the ground we will also be holding aircraft out of the DVT Delta airspace. I feel it should be emphasized that while holding outside the DVT delta it would be best to hold well west of Cave Creek RD. and even better if they were west of the I-17.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
Pilot flying out of KDVT or KGEU
Flying a 2003 Piper Archer III N354MA (DVT)
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)
Co-Host of the intherpatternpodcast

Chris Janes

Services are for former Thunderbird Commander/Leader Lt. Col Roger Parrish. He was the Commander during the F-4 years.

cholubaz

Quote from: Chris Janes on March 15, 2019, 12:06:01 PM
Services are for former Thunderbird Commander/Leader Lt. Col Roger Parrish. He was the Commander during the F-4 years.

Thanks for the info.

-Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
Pilot flying out of KDVT or KGEU
Flying a 2003 Piper Archer III N354MA (DVT)
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)
Co-Host of the intherpatternpodcast

Chris Kennedy

The Arizona Stearman Squadron will also be doing a flyover. Parrish was the leader of that group.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Chris Janes

Thunderbirds flyover will be a four ship formation and not the Delta. Presumably it will be the diamond.