15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

2009 MCAS Miramar Air Show

Started by photorecon, June 21, 2009, 04:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

photorecon

This looks to be a real good show 2 main demo teams the US Navy Blue Angels and the Canadian Snowbirds
A-10 west, Viper west,  Heritage ( Poss a P-38 from POF in the flight),a  full night airshow and airfield assault.
I am making plans to be at this one.  Not too soon to plan, it will be Oct soon enough.

http://www.miramarairshow.com/index.html  

Joseph D. Kates

John S

Miramar is an excellent show, I went in 2004, looks like the only difference is the Snowbirds are there and a skywriting team is not.  The skywriting team(name slips me, it was 5 years ago) only did 1 or 2 of their manuvers due to weather, extremely cloudy with a chance for rain.  I have wanted to go back to this show every year since.  I think the only show I liked better was at Edwards AFB. 

wingsnstuff

The Miramar Air Show is excellent.  I've been fortunate enough to be a VIP guest in 2003.  The flight demonstrations were awesome and ground static displays were also excellent.  I plan on going.

JD Costner

I'm going, but I haven't been there before. Any suggestions on where to stay and parking? Best day to go. I was thinking Friday would be the best day.

Any other tips would be welcome.  ???

Jeff
Jeff Costner Arizona Wide Open Chino Valley, AZ

coyote41

Last second plan, I am going to MCAS Miramar for the Sunday show.  Any specific spots to meet fellow members?  I normaly stand at the East end of the ramp on the line.  I will keep an eye out for you guys. 
Colin Williams

John S

I believe the twilight show is on Saturday only, at least it was when I went.  I was a pretty awesome show.  Wish I knew how to take better night shots then.

John

wingsnstuff

I went to the Miramar Air Show this year.  I shot over 800 photos.  I think I have some good ones and I'll be posting some of the better ones to the forum over the next few days.