Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (SEA, KSEA)

Started by F-16_fixer, February 19, 2013, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

Spent an hour or so at SeaTac shooting some arrivals.  For anyone that is going to visit SeaTac, this is a great website that lists all the shooting locations http://www.nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/sea/

I chose spot "C" as the aircraft were arriving on the 16L and 16R runways.  Foggy conditions but I came away with a few good keepers.  

Asiana A330 on approach with some cool wingtip vortices.
-Chris-

F-16_fixer

Asiana A330 landing on 16L (The Heavies almost always land 16L or 32R here depending on the wind)

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

One of the coolest things about shooting SeaTac in the fog is that you can hear the big boys coming, but you can't see them until they are almost on top of you.  This was 400mm with a full frame camera so you can see just how close they are.

Delta 767 on approach to 16L

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

For aircraft coming in on 16R, if you go portrait orientation you can frame the aircraft with the Olympic mountains in the background.

Alaskan 737
-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: F-16_fixer on February 19, 2013, 05:32:44 PM
Spent an hour of so at SeaTac shooting some arrivals.  For anyone that is going to visit SeaTac, this is a great website that lists all the shooting locations http://www.nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/sea/

I chose spot "C" as the aircraft were arriving on the 16L and 16R runways.  Foggy conditions but I came away with a few good keepers. 

Spot "C" is a great location, I was there a couple of years ago with a friend from the Portland area.  You're right, with the fog you can't see them until they breakout right in front of you, but you sure can hear them coming.

You got some very nice shots, even with the challenging conditions.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

F-16_fixer

AA 757 on Approach to 32L.  I was going for something different by framing it with the ILS antennas.

AA Boeing 757 by Chris Heising, on Flickr
-Chris-

F-16_fixer

-Chris-