News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

AzAP Publishes Book on NAF El Centro

Started by Joe Copalman, March 06, 2013, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

It is with considerable pride, pleasure, and relief that I announce the publication of AzAP's first book, The Out-of-Towners: NAF El Centro Through the Lenses of the Arizona Aviation Photographers  This project has been in the works for a long time, and features images taken by nearly thirty AzAP photographers over the course of four years' worth of visits to El Centro.  We have partnered with NAF El Centro and the El Centro Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau to arrange for the proceeds from this book to directly benefit the sailors of NAF El Centro.

For more information on the book, the formats it is available in, and where to buy it, please visit our publications page at http://www.azaerophoto.com/publications.html.

On a personal note, a huge thank you to all the photographers who contributed photos for this project.  You guys made this happen.  
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Lynn Evans

Jeff D. Welker

Every single member of AzAP should take great pride in this book. It is a wonderful publication that will easily grace anyone's coffee table or serve as a treasured addition to their library. The charitable aspect is the cherry on top and seals the deal as far as I am concerned. I've already ordered one book and will be ordering several more for family as gifts.

We all owe a debt of gratitude to Joe for taking this project from day dream to reality. While there were others that have assisted (thank you too), none have put in the hours and hours and hours of hard work like Joe. Whether it was pulling countless all nighters working on the book layout, coordinating with Michelle and Kris at El Centro, working through all the issues involved with the charitable aspect (no easy chore), or time away from family - if it had to be done, Joe was involved. Simply put, this project does not happen without Joe - thank you my brother.

KUDOS also to Matt, Dave S., Ned, and all the other AzAP members that generously contributed their time, energy and killer images to this project.

I also want to give Michelle and Kris a big thank you. Once they became aware of this effort, it has been all hands on deck. Our support from the folks at NAF El Centro has been critical. While they've been coordinating an air show and facing the reality of sequestration, Michelle and Kris have found 26+ hours in their days to help Joe get this to the finish line.

Lastly, the best thank you we can give to Joe, Michelle and Kris is to buy and promote sales of this book. Share this with your friends. Post it on your Facebook page. Get the word out. It is time to raise some money for the sailors at El Centro.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

Just a follow up.  We've had some pretty strong sales of the book so far.  In an effort to keep this 'on the front burner' and keep up the rate of sales, we've come up with this promo image.  To help do this, and spread the word about the book, those that wish can download a copy of the image below and post it on their flickr, zenfolio or personal website.  There are multiple versions of the image, varying in resolution from high (300 ppi) to low/website (72 ppi).  So feel free to download the image and post away!!!!

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

scottcolbath

Looks great Dave. Thank for doing this.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Superior work Dave - many thanks for you efforts on the book and this particular promotional image. I've posted it on my Flickr page, Facebook page, Google+ page, and the famous Fred Miranda MA2A aviation photography thread. I hope all members of AzAP will use this wonderful image to aggressively promote the book and related sales.  ;D   ;)   ;D   ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.