Pulled the trigger and bought my first DSLR

Started by cholubaz, October 25, 2012, 11:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cholubaz

I found a smoking deal IMO of a New Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital Camera with 18-55mm IS II & 55-250mm IS II Lenses and PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Printer Kit
The deal is 999.00 however you get back a $400 American Express Reward Card making this deal $599.00 which is by far the best deal I have seen for a kit like this.
$600 - $650 was all I had convinced myself into spending so I am pretty happy to get this much equipment for that price.
It also comes with a Camera Bag, 16GB SanDisk Extreme Class 10 Memory Card & Photo Paper

Here is the link in case anyone is interested http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/896664-REG/Canon_EOS_Rebel_T3i_Digital.html

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
Pilot flying out of KDVT or KGEU
Flying a 2003 Piper Archer III N354MA (DVT)
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)
Co-Host of the intherpatternpodcast

cholubaz

Not too interesting I guess lol. I should have said I bought the canon 5d mark iii with the Hubel telescope for a lens haha

Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)

BillOz

It does sound like a good deal Chris.  I don't think anyone was slighting you by not commenting, just didn't see the thread as one needing comment.

Should have said you picked up the new 7D Mk II, or the new 1D MK V, and the new 100-400 F4 II (constant Aperature), which are all only available in Japan at this time.  Then you would have started a commenting frenzy.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

cholubaz

Yeah that's true. I just got notice that it shipped today and I'll have it Friday so I am stoked to have it and use it on Sat at the Glendale Wings & Wheels at GEU

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)

phxtoad

Chris,

I may be the only one on here that can say this:  You have a better camera than me.   :)

Todd
Todd Lawrence

Rank Amateur at just about everything.

cholubaz

I would have bought one a long time ago and probably still have it but I just couldn't see spending the money yet so holding out for as long as I have allowed me to get a pretty decent basic model. I'm pretty sure I'll never be spending thousands of dollars on a nice prosumer version. my expensive hobby is flying and that's plenty expensive enough lol

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)

phxtoad

Ditto.  I have a small flying habit, a small shooting (firearms) habit, and a small motorcycle habit in addition to my other small habits.

Spread too thin, but loving every minute of it.   Thus my signature...  :)
Todd Lawrence

Rank Amateur at just about everything.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: cholubaz on November 06, 2012, 09:32:04 PM
I would have bought one a long time ago and probably still have it but I just couldn't see spending the money yet so holding out for as long as I have allowed me to get a pretty decent basic model. I'm pretty sure I'll never be spending thousands of dollars on a nice prosumer version. my expensive hobby is flying and that's plenty expensive enough lol

Cheers,
Chris

You made a good choice.  The Rebel series is solid (I'm still surprised by some of the stuff I can squeeze out of my old XTi), and you've got a very useful focal range covered with those two lenses.  Congrats on the new gear!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

I agree, good choice. The capability of a camera such as the one you purchased would have been jaw dropping just a few years ago.  The quality of your photography is now in your hands!  Looking forward to seeing some cool stuff.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

cholubaz

The kit came and I am having a ball with it.
Today I bought a battery grip and 4 extra batteries and a intervalometer and some filters etc..

Chris Holub
Peoria, AZ
or Cessna 172's (KGEU)

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved