NASA Social - Dryden Flight Research Center

Started by Matt Ottosen, September 22, 2012, 09:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jeff Welker on November 07, 2012, 06:07:21 PM
^^^^ Great capture Matt. If you don't mind, let an old fat man (me) offer you a few thoughts on how to make your image even better IMO. Go to more of a pano type crop 16:9 or even 2.39:1. Get rid of most of the foreground. I like brown sage brush as much as the other guy; however, it is a distracting element. Clone out the 2,000' sign and the red/white shack - also distracting. Open up the shadows under the 747 (not the shuttle). Don't over do it, just a smidge. Lastly, add a little structure (tonal contrast) to the smoke coming off the mains. It will help emphasize this great part of your image.

Now this is nothing more than my opinion and you should take it with a liberal grain of salt. I think a different crop would bring the viewer closer to the main image and the other edits bring out some of the better elements. Feel free to ignore my suggestions as the ravings of an old fat man who is past is prime. I know Mrs. Welker would agree in spades  ;D
Jeff, photographically I would say you are in your prime and getting better.  I won't venture to comment about any other areas of your life! ;)
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

Jeff, is this more what you had in mind?
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Matt Ottosen

Space Shuttle Endeavour sitting atop NASA's Boeing 747-123 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (SCA), departing en route to LAX.  This would be the very last Shuttle/SCA departure ever.

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ