News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Photoshop CS6 Can Edit HD Video!

Started by Jay Beckman, July 16, 2012, 12:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

I'd read about it and been trying to figure out how it works and I finally unlocked the secret level!

It's simple cuts and dissolves but it supports multiple tracks of video and audio and you can make Photoshop-esque adjustments to each video clip.

Output rendering offers a huge variety of choices from XX by XX for phones to 480X for the web to full up 1080p.

I used some of my test "shaky cam" footage from Coolidge back in February and whacked this together in about five minutes.
http://crosswindimages.com/p684339541/e23300af0

Future proper use of a proper fluid head on a tripod (combined with the Hoodman LCD VF I picked up) will open up some new avenues!  Hope to make some "short subjects" while I'm at Oshkosh!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Jay, that sounds great. I just got CS6 last week.  Where is that gem buried in the menus?

Thanks, Scott
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

If you open the "Photography" workspace, you should see the word "Timeline" in small letters in the lower left corner.

The trick to getting things rolling: Use FILE -> OPEN from within CS6 and choose a video file.  Once that opens on your timeline, use the little filmstrip icon to "Add Media" and add as many more via SHFT + Click as you want.

You're then free to drag them into whatever order you want, adjust IN and OUT points and add dissolves, etc...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Scott Youmans

Sure enough, there it is. It's just about all I need for my purposes.  Thanks.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

De Nada...

All I ask is that you speak highly of me!  ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com