Started by Chris Kennedy, July 06, 2012, 07:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Joe Copalman

I wonder if shirtless Putin will be riding in the back of one of their aircraft.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on July 06, 2012, 10:34:09 AM
I wonder if shirtless Putin will be riding in the back of one of their aircraft.

I envision him [Putin] astride a Mig's fuselage (ala Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove) yelling that Obama is his personal hand puppet as he triumptantly lands at Nellis in Alaska  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

The article linked made it sound like it was happening at Nellis.  But kudos to whoever sleuthed it on FC.  I'm sure Alaska Airlines is going to appreciate the upsurge in off-season traffic.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris Kennedy

This was on the Nellis AFB Facebook page early this afternoon.

Reports of Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag exercises at Nellis in the near future are inaccurate. For questions about Russian Federation Air Force participation in Red Flag-Alaska, please contact the Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs through the switchboard at the Pentagon.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jeff Welker on July 06, 2012, 10:50:23 AM

I envision him [Putin] astride a Mig's fuselage (ala Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove) yelling that Obama is his personal hand puppet as he triumptantly lands at Nellis in Alaska  ;)

I don't think there is any one-upping this.

S.C.

Paul Dumm

No Russians in Alaska.  :(    They ask to come play and the U.S. said no.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Source for what Paul is talking about: http://www.airforce-magazine.com/Pages/HomePage.aspx

Fourth story down this morning.

Quoted:

No Krasni Flag: Russia won't be participating in an Air Force Red Flag exercise this year, according to an exercise spokesman at Eielson AFB, Alaska. What? Russia at Red Flag? Several media outlets—including the Voice of Russia radio network's English-language website—ran stories last week suggesting Russia would indeed be sending fighters to a Red Flag exercise in October, either at Nellis AFB, Nev., or in Alaska. This would be an extraordinary first if true, and a watershed development in US-Russian relations. But, alas, no red-starred Flankers and Fulcrums will be populating the ramps at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Eielson, or anywhere else. Air Force officials told the Daily Report on July 6 that Russia had requested sending observers—not aircraft—to a Red Flag exercise this fall, but it won't be happening. While it would have been interesting to see those Sukhoi and MiG fighters at Red Flag—playing Red Air, perhaps?—modern Russian-designed fighters have already played in a Red Flag. In 2008, India brought its Su-30s MKI fighters to Nellis.
—John A. Tirpak

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Sorry, should have added that. It was WAY too early this morning.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

Screw the Russian aircraft, what about the shirtless Putin  ???  :o  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Here, Now can we PLEASE get back to some aircraft.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Paul Dumm on July 09, 2012, 04:39:52 PM
Here, Now can we PLEASE get back to some aircraft.

Now if this doesn't demand a red flag; I don't know what does  :o  :o  :o  :o
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ