"Be the 9th caller now......."

Started by scottcolbath, May 17, 2012, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

"And win a copy of Dee Snider's new book "Shut Up And Give Me The Mic" along with "First in line" passes to get it signed."

Yeah, I was going to buy the book anyway, and I pondered the idea of standing in line to get it signed. Well, I was the 9th caller to KDKB this afternoon and I got the book and "First in line" passes to get it signed Friday night.

Yes, I am happy. I've been a fan of Twisted Sister for a long time. I recall the first time I was exposed to them. I was in a cruddy rock club in Boston, waiting for Frank Marino to come on stage. They were playing music videos on a projection screen. It was about 1983 or 1984. I don't really remember. Anyway, this video came on of some outrageous dudes doing a song. I remember it being over the top heavy, along with what seemed to be Euro scenes with the guy with the huge blonde hair screaming "You can't stop rock and roll". I loved it and was hooked.

So, Friday, I'm off to Changing Hands book store to get my free copy of Dee's book signed. I may bring my motorcycle helmet which was signed by Dan Akroyd and add Dee's signature to that as well.

S.C.

BillOz

Cool deal.  Congrats.
I haven't called in to a radio station to try and win something since rotary phones were still the only thing out there.  Everyone would pre-dial all but the last number until they said "Call now and be the X caller".  No redial, no speeddial.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: BillOz on May 17, 2012, 10:35:29 PM
Cool deal.  Congrats.
I haven't called in to a radio station to try and win something since rotary phones were still the only thing out there.  Everyone would pre-dial all but the last number until they said "Call now and be the X caller".  No redial, no speeddial.

What's funny is that effort is useless. The DJ picks up when they feel like it. They can say "Be the 9th caller" and then chat for another minute or more, and then not pick up until they feel like it. Commercial breaks can be as long as 7 minutes. Only after they are done chatting and go to commercials, do they bother even looking at the phone. I figured I'd give it a casual shot, and I nailed it.

S.C.