News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

A Book Report

Started by Jeff D. Welker, March 22, 2011, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

This afternoon I received my copy of the book "AVIATION PHOTOGRAPHY - A Pictorial Guide". As you know, the author is our own James O'Rear. It arrived via USPS to my home in a very well prepared package that did a super job of protecting the book from shipping damage - LuLu did good.

I searched the book from cover-to-cover and could not find James' autograph with a personal hand written sentiment  :'(  I guess I'll have to catch James at his next Barnes-n-Noble book signing event.

Seriously, this is a very good book. The printing quality is excellent and the binding/construction top notch. It is a soft cover with heavy/gloss covers and 114 pages. Overall dimensions are 8-1/2"x11". The flow of information is well thought out; with a well balanced ratio of photos to written word. James has done a very thorough job of covering the majority of issues facing aviation photographers. As someone new to this addiction, I find this book very helpful. Even though I have a good background in wedding, portrait and landscape photography; aviation places unique demands on any photographer - veteran or newbie. I believe anyone would benefit from reading James' book. Whether it is photographic technique, equipment or aircraft identification; James provides the reader with helpful information.

I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking to enjoy aviation photography at a high level.

Way to go James!
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

jslugman

Aw shucks Jeff...

Seriously, thanks for the kind words. I'll de-value your book by signing it anytime!  ;)
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"