In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Reno Air Races 2011

Started by Jeff D. Welker, May 17, 2011, 05:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Jeff D. Welker

I've never been to this event. The sights and sounds look like they could be amazing. Any thoughts on photo opportunities?

http://www.airrace.org/
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

BillOz

Photo ops are great.  If you get a media pass, you can go out to the Pylons and get some spectacular shots.  Not much flexibility once you are out there, but it's a good place to be stuck.   But even from public viewing you have great opportunities, and the weather the few times I have went was great.  I think it's one of the top events of the year.  To fill in when the racing is between heats, there is plenty of airshow type flying.

Definitely a good event to experience.  Just plan your trip, and get to the event early, because the crowds are pretty big, especially Sat.  & Sun.  Thurs. & Fri. are not too bad.  And if you have a few days to kill, it's hard to beat Lake Tahoe for scenery.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Matt Ottosen

This is one I've always wanted to do too!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joel Hamm

This is one of the best airshows I have been to it has plenty of variety here. Also hanging out at the pylons are a ton of fun! Then the pits are always busy so there is no lack of stuff to watch or thke pictures of any time of the day. Lastly dont forget to hang with the cool people in section 3.

scottcolbath

Here's the schedule.

http://www.airrace.org/race_experience/schedule.php

I may try to make it up there early in the week.

S.C.