Thunder Over the Coconino.......Valle August 27th

Started by scottcolbath, July 20, 2011, 12:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

wingsnstuff

I'm putting it on my calendar and will attend (pending client commitments)

Joe Copalman

FYI, the DC-3 is no longer scheduled to be there, but the PB4Y-2 from Casa Grande will be arriving in Valle on Saturday morning.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Bubak

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

PB4Y-2 will not be up there for this event.  I went to Casa Grande this morning to catch it and it taxied back to the ramp after an extended run-up period. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

FelipeG

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 27, 2011, 09:52:36 AM
PB4Y-2 will not be up there for this event.  I went to Casa Grande this morning to catch it and it taxied back to the ramp after an extended run-up period. 

Found out as I was getting my bracelet just before 8. Only a few show people knew by then, I later heard from the ramp people that there were issues with the #3 engine.

Joe Copalman

Yup.  It was at the run-up area at Casa Grande for almost 20 minutes, and there was a lot of "POP!  POP!" mixed in with the rumble of the engines.  Figured they had it sorted out when they took the runway, but that was just to taxi back.  Bummer all around.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

FelipeG

I have a feeling that the Copperstate will be my only chance to see it. This is the 2nd time it misses Valle in 2 months.

I gotta say though, they told us that the plane made it halfway to 40G before it had engine trouble and came back. I guess they meant halfway to the runway