News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Trying to be Beckman

Started by scottcolbath, October 15, 2010, 12:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Jay's shots are awesome. After looking at them many times, I still could not come close to replicating his techniques, but I tried.

Wickenburg fly-in 2010.

My panning skills need work.

Cool veeeeehickle nonetheless.

S.C.

Stephen Marshall

Well first off.. you'll need this with a teleconverter (2x) in order to get close to his in air shots.

As far as panning.. That just takes practice. I was shooting with a shutter speed of 1/30 with my 18-55mm at Coolidge this month just for the practice.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Stephen Marshall on October 15, 2010, 01:24:34 AM
Well first off.. you'll need this with a teleconverter (2x) in order to get close to his in air shots.

As far as panning.. That just takes practice. I was shooting with a shutter speed of 1/30 with my 18-55mm at Coolidge this month just for the practice.

I'd love that 800, but I'd have to sell my motorcycles to finance it.  ;D

How did your shots come out at 1/30th?

S.C.

Stephen Marshall

Mostly blurry, but a few came out well. I made one of them my entry for the panning contest this month.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Paul Dumm

Times like this I whised that I remember to bring my flash.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."