Douglas A-26/B-26 Invader

Started by Chris Kennedy, May 03, 2011, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslugman

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 03, 2011, 09:15:59 PM
Quote from: Jeff Welker on May 03, 2011, 08:25:17 PM
Sorry about the poor photo of the nose art. The open hanger door and harsh setting sun overwhelmed this nimrod photographer.

Ha!  Did you know that "Nimrod" was the callsign used by the A-26Ks during the Vietnam War, or is this just an unintentional pun?

Yep, included on my infamous tours at Pima.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

"Million Airess" departing Falcon this morning.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

trmphoto

Quote from: Jeff Welker on May 04, 2011, 03:09:59 PM
"Million Airess" departing Falcon this morning.

Great shot Jeff.  I wish I lived closer to Falcon.

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks Tom - here she is clearing her throat after the boys at R.E. Packard performed some magic on the left radial.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Brian Lockett

Douglas B-26B Invader N4819E at Buckeye on April 29, 2011.

Jeff D. Welker

The explicit view of Sexy Sue at Falcon Field. However accurate the nose art may or may not be, it is "too much information" and I did not feel comfortable showing my grandkids this wonderful airframe. Unbelievable attention to detail. The gear struts are polished and a peak into the interior finds leather and appointments I'd normally associate with high-end corporate jets. The owners certainly love their A-26C  ;D

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Scott and I changed up our quasi-regular Coolidge DC-7 photo sortie to visit the Invader at the Buckeye Municipal Airport. As you can see from Brian's image above; the Arizona sun and an aggressive squadron of pigeons have not been kind to this old warrior. Accordingly, I tried to use some judicious DoF management and gently massaged the pixels in post processing with the intent of softening the effects of time. Hopefully, some of her prior beauty comes through in these images. It sure helped to have a terrific sunrise, some wispy clouds, and the moon setting in the west. I see some excellent potential to photograph this aging airframe during the monsoon later this summer. If nothing else, a good summer rain shower should restore some "luster" to the "pigeon-patina" the aluminum skin has acquired ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Douglas A-26 Invader. Breckenridge air show 5/27/18.

_94A2141 CAF Douglas A-26 Invader by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona