In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Published on Wiki

Started by scottcolbath, January 21, 2011, 01:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Good news? Bad news? I'm not sure.

I can only assume that Bret Cox, the owner of the L-39 which I photographed last year put up this pic. I gave him a CD with all the pictures on it, and told him he could do what he wanted with them. And, there you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-39_Albatros

Looking back, I wonder if it's about time that I start putting a watermark on my pics, or in some way, protecting them. I've been completely casual about this to date, since I am on a ten year plan (four years in) to maybe make a living at this sort of thing down the road. I originally thought that during my learning time, I would not worry about who saw or used my work, because I was more interested in getting my name out there as I became a better photog. Looking back, maybe  that was a mistakee.

Anyone know if I can get photo credit for the pic that is up there?

S.C.

Joe Copalman

This is problematic:

"Source: Own work"

You need to contact him and tell him to update that entry on Wikipedia.  At the very least, you need to be credited as the photographer.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on January 21, 2011, 01:55:09 PM
This is problematic:

"Source: Own work"

You need to contact him and tell him to update that entry on Wikipedia.  At the very least, you need to be credited as the photographer.

I just did that. He's a nice guy. I assume he will.

S.C.

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

Moving forward, I am considering using the Gnu free documentation license on this pic. It seems that it will always provide me the proper photo credit I want. Anyone here ever use this?

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

S.C.

wingsnstuff

It is a beautiful photo of the L-39.  You definitely nailed it. 

scottcolbath

Quote from: wingsnstuff on January 24, 2011, 08:41:51 PM
It is a beautiful photo of the L-39.  You definitely nailed it. 

Thanks.

S.C.