Arizona Aviation Photographers (AzAP)
15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 27 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Airparks, Gate Guards, Memorials, and Planes on Sticks

Started by Joe Copalman, May 03, 2010, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Immaculately-restored RA-5C in RVAH-3 markings at Sanford International Airport in Orlando, Florida.  This is the centerpiece of a small park commemorating Sanford's past life as NAS Sanford.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

T-33 at the American Legion Post in Apache Junction.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Rob Silliman

F-15 on a stick across the street from the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinneville, OR.

cpasley

Wow David you found the Duncan '100' ,I must have spent 2 hours one day looking for that plane on Google Earth and from the looks of it theres not much around ,great find kinda like a diamond in the rough

David Loera

I did the same thing with no such luck, so when I drove through there they had signs showing you the way that said "jet plane" with an arrow. its in a park next to the community pool, just west of the highway. take Main st west to High st then north to Skyline, and its on top of the hill.
You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Ghost Ship

(This is actually the T-38 "Talon-cicle" at Gallup, NM Muni...)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Jay,

Any idea what model/version of the F-86 that is?  It only has two gun ports, where I'm used to seeing three ports per side.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

Dave, that's an F-86H "Hog," the final model of the Sabre (and my favorite).  The two gun ports are for 20mm cannons as opposed to the .50s on previous models.  Note the bigger intake as well, for a bigger engine.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Sweet info, thanks.

Next question, which model had the larger radar that essentially morphed the intake a bit to make room for a larger radome above the intake?

A Google image search answered my question: the 'D' model had that larger radome above the intake.

- Dave
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

Yup.  The "Dog."  I think there used to be one mounted on a pole in downtown Chandler.  Anyone know if it's still there?

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

wingsnstuff

The H model F-86s had four cannons that replaced the Six 50 cals.  Several of the export versions also carried 4 cannons in place of the 50 cals.  If this was an Air Force Sabre, it's probably an H.  The H had slats, a bigger tail and slightly longer wings.

cpasley

Me and my neighbor across the street have a little thing going on who can put up the largest american flag ,im guessing to prove who can be more patriotic ,well what if I stuck one of these puppies on my front lawn to the sound of "stars and stripes" ,would that make me the winner ,btw great shots Jay and Vance ,I love em!