Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 209   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Aviation Photography Thread  (Read 348854 times)
scottcolbath
AzAP Contributor - 1000 Posts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3060 on: May 07, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »

Spent the day out at the Cubs spring training stadium in Mesa, watching the police dog trials. Always a hoot.

One of several dogs on display and performing various learned techniques. Best behaved dogs I've ever seen.

There were breaks in the action for some fun dog stuff as well.

All the pics are here:

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Events/K9-Dog-Trials-2017/

S.C.
Tower Guy
AzAP Contributor - 2000 Posts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3061 on: May 07, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »

Very cool set of photos Scott. That event looks like it was full of action and fun, thanks for sharing.
scottcolbath

View Profile Email
« Reply #3062 on: May 07, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »

Very cool set of photos Scott. That event looks like it was full of action and fun, thanks for sharing.

It's a blast. I've missed it the last few years for no good reason. Had to make it this year. Plus, if you don't care about baseball (like me), but like baseball stadiums, it's a great excuse to go.  Cool

S.C.
Ross Dinsdale
AzAP Contributor - 250 Posts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3063 on: May 07, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »

I'd like to volunteer to be the guy running from the dogs. I think I could give them a run for their money. I am as slippery as a snake.

Ross Dinsdale
Phoenix, AZ

C/C are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"
Jeff D. Welker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3064 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »

Very nice results Jeff, these existing light shots are fantastic. Sounds like a great carry solution for a quality camera. You and Mr. Youmans come up with some great equipment. Must be something in the coffee in those little diners you guys meet at.  Grin

Thank you Harvey.  Messrs. Youmans is my exemplar when it comes to high-end camera gear.  I don't try to keep up, I just humbly add a lens here and a camera body there  Wink

Seriously, the Fuji X-T2 and the Fuji lenses are amazing equipment that produces wonderful images.  If I'm able to add a few Fuji "gems" to my gear cache, I'll be a very happy camper.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.
scottcolbath

View Profile Email
« Reply #3065 on: May 08, 2017, 08:13:08 AM »

I'd like to volunteer to be the guy running from the dogs. I think I could give them a run for their money. I am as slippery as a snake.

I'd put on a bite suit. No problemo. I think it would be pretty cool. Big deal if you get a puncture wound or bruised up arm. Now you can tell all your friends you've been attacked by a police dog.

S.C.
John B.
AzAP Contributor - 500 Posts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3066 on: May 11, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »

From last month at PASM:

Fun Italian Automobiles of Tucson (FIAT) par John Bezosky Jr., on ipernity
wingsnstuff
Legacy Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3067 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »

Almost Full - Carolina Moon May 2017 by wingsnstuff, on Flickr
Jeff D. Welker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3068 on: May 13, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »

Very nice moon image Vance.  You possess a talent that clearly passed me by.  I struggle to take these types of photographs.  Well done.

More goofing around at breakfast with Mr. Youmans formidable Fuji X-T2 and the XF35mmF1.4 R lens (50mm equivalent). A fun and easy to carry setup that possesses plenty of horsepower for image-making.  In a beguiling and diminutive package.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.
Chris Janes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3069 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »

Tears of the Sailor
USS Arizona still leaks oil to this day.
Tears of the Sailor by Chris Janes, on Flickr
wingsnstuff
Legacy Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3070 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:22 AM »

Compelling Image Chris.  My Navy retirement flag flew over the USS Arizona prior to my retirement in 1988.  My first visit to the memorial brought almost overwhelming emotion.  My father help raise the Battleship West Virginia after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  He spent the rest of the war in the the Pacific on aircraft carriers. Well captured and perfectly titled.  Thanks for posting.
wingsnstuff
Legacy Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3071 on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:13 AM »

Mary Schenley Memorial Fountain by wingsnstuff, on Flickr
wingsnstuff
Legacy Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3072 on: May 29, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »

Thanks Jeff.  It was one of the clearest nights I could remember since coming south to the Carolinas.  The Moon almost seemed to sparkle it was so clear.
wingsnstuff
Legacy Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3073 on: May 29, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »

Allegheny County Soldiers Memorial - May We Never Forget Their Sacrifice by wingsnstuff, on Flickr

Memorial Day 2017
Chris Janes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3074 on: May 29, 2017, 10:38:12 PM »

Compelling Image Chris.  My Navy retirement flag flew over the USS Arizona prior to my retirement in 1988.  My first visit to the memorial brought almost overwhelming emotion.  My father help raise the Battleship West Virginia after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  He spent the rest of the war in the the Pacific on aircraft carriers. Well captured and perfectly titled.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you Vance, and thank you for sharing the story about your Dad and about your retirement flag.  Very interesting.
This was my second trip to the Arizona memorial, the previous trip I was able to visit the USS Missouri, which is very impressive to see as well. Each time I've visited Pearl Harbor I've learned something new and walked away with a new appreciation for what happened there on Dec 7, 1941. On this trip I stayed on the North Shore and discovered that across from Turtle Bay where I was staying stood the radar site that picked up the Japanese fleet as they were inbound but the operators were told to disregard it. Always love to hear or read stories from that time period.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 209   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc