Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
 
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-38 project for sale  (Read 1987 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Chris Kennedy
AzAP Contributor - 1000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1776



View Profile
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »

If anybody is looking for a back yard project, for only $369,000 you can get a set of parts making up 85% of a T-38. Just find the other 15% and put it together and go flying.  Wink

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/NORTHROP-T-38A-TALON/2011-NORTHROP-T-38A-TALON/1201000.htm?

Logged

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/
http://twitter.com/ChrisKPhotos

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission
Jay Beckman
AzAP Contributor - 2000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4615



View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »

It worked for Ross Perot Jr....
Logged

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.
Chris Janes
AzAP Contributor - 250 Posts
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 272



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

Quote
It worked for Ross Perot Jr....

Most of his T-38 is really an F-5. I know the guys who worked on that bird at KTUS. If memory serves correctly they told me the wings, horizontal stabilizer,and  engines are F-5. The tail and the cockpit forward of the engines is T-38. The main gear wells had to be modified to accept the T-38 landing gear..
Logged
Jay Beckman
AzAP Contributor - 2000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4615



View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »

All I know is Ross Jr called the FAA to register his "T-38" and was told repeatedly that he did NOT have a T-38 as no civilian could possibly own one...
Logged

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.
Chris Janes
AzAP Contributor - 250 Posts
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 272



View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:45:41 PM »

Sounds like the FAA to me. Wonder if it was the same person that violated a pilot for flying a plane with bent props even though they were certified Hartzell Q-tip props that are slightly bent at the tips by design.. Cool
Logged
Chris Kennedy
AzAP Contributor - 1000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1776



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »

The registration on Perot's T-38 just expired the end of June.
Logged

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/
http://twitter.com/ChrisKPhotos

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission
Chris Kennedy
AzAP Contributor - 1000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1776



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »

There have been two F-5's for sale on Controller for quite a while, one A and one B.

http://www.thorntonaircraft.com/body/body.cfm?page_name=mil
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:51:39 PM by Chris Kennedy » Logged

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/
http://twitter.com/ChrisKPhotos

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission
Chris Pasley
AzAP Contributor - 1000 Posts
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1736



View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »

If your looking for used military aircraft just go here, you can get everything from an F-106 to a Tu-154

http://www.globalplanesearch.com/
Logged

Chris Pasley - member since February 2010

https://www.facebook.com/pasley.aviation.photography

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_pasley/

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc
Powered by SMF 1.1.15 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
BlueSkies design by Bloc | XHTML | CSS