Yuma Airshow March 17 2012

Started by cpasley, December 05, 2011, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

http://www.yumaairshow.com/

-Per the Yuma Airshow Facebook page it announced today that the Thunderbirds will be perfoming

cpasley

This is whats posted on the ICAS website for the lineup

- Frank Kingston Smith - Showline Promotional Prods
- John Collver Warbird Airshows
- Tora Tora Tora
- Commemorative Air Force
- USAF Thunderbirds
- F/A-18C Hornet & F/A-18F Super Hornet E Demo Team
- USMC AV-8B Harrier
- USMC MV-22 Osprey
- Navy Legacy Flight

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris Pasley on December 17, 2011, 06:49:06 AM
- Frank Kingston Smith - Showline Promotional Prods

I saw that name and I had to look him up. Sure enough, he was a radio personality I grew up with in Massachusetts.

S.C.

cpasley

Yuma posted a preliminary schedule

0800 Gates Open To Public

1030-1230 Acts

USMC Band (National Anthem)

USA Military Free Fall Team Demonstration

Commemorative Air Force F4F, F6F, F7F, F8F Performance

USMC VMFT-401 F-5 Flyby

USMC Search And Rescue UH-1 Demonstration

John Collver's SNJ Performance

Tora Tora Tora Performance with VMA-211 Flyby

1230-1300 Intermission

1300-1530 Acts

USMC MV-22 Demonstration

USN VFA-122 F/A-18 Demonstration w/Legacy Flight (F/A-18, F6F, F8F)

USMC AV-8B Demonstration

USAF Thunderbirds Demonstration

Jeff D. Welker

Gentlemen:

I need a little help planning for this Air Show.

1. Is there a photo pit or reasonable access for photographers like we had at Luke?

2. What focal length seems to work best at Yuma for the G2A images?

3. Those that know my dad, what type of challenges would he have with his walker getting to the flight line? Once I get him there, he will be fine.

Thanks for your comments and help.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

cpasley

I have found the place place to be is just to the right of the tents and where the announcer is, theres a strip of concrete that jets north and this is where the Harrier does his display and for lighting and just generally a good place to see everthing that would be the best place, in my oppinion, you can see how I did from there with my 300mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_pasley/sets/72157626378808048/

-Jeff if your going let me know and we can meet up there

cpasley

Capt Stuart Wheeler AV-8B Harrier Pilot  - Yuma airshow promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWJvQM0oXFY

Joe Copalman

Seating information up on their website now:
http://yumaairshow.com/index.cfm/general-information/ticket-information/

Looks like grandstand, box, and chalet options are available.  Is this how it has been in the past?  Just wondering how much this will hinder the ability to move around and to go where the shots are, rather than being anchored to one spot.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Those prices for "club seats" are pretty reasonable...

I'm headed up to Utah for the show at St George and their "Fighter" and "Bomber" club seats were at least 50% higher...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

cpasley

Im for sure getting bleacher but may make the leap and get box or even chalet, means being a shorty I dont have arrive at 4am to beat the reitries to the fence line

Paul Dumm

Quote from: Chris Pasley on March 05, 2012, 06:36:11 AM
Im for sure getting bleacher but may make the leap and get box or even chalet, means being a shorty I dont have arrive at 4am to beat the reitries to the fence line

So can we get a box for AzAP or buy your ticket and we'll just take a good one for our self?
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Lynn Evans

Important information about traffic and no parking at fairgrounds for practice and the Air Show. This is from the Greater Yuma Economic Development Council.
Lynn

Good Afternoon,

If you're not aware, the Air Show is March 17th.  This year, the Air Force Thunderbirds will be part of the show.  As a result of this, the FAA guidelines have impacted the acrobatic box that is put in place for those planes/jets performing in the show.  The box needed for the Thunderbirds will impact traffic flow on 32nd Street.  YPD will be closing east/west traffic flow on 32nd Street between Pacific and 3E to facilitate this portion of the Air Show.  Also closed will be 2.5 E between 32nd Street and 1/2mile north.  No one is allowed inside this area during the fly time.  The area around the Fairgrounds will NOT be utilized by the public this year for Air Show viewing to include along the north side of 32nds Street.  (Additionally, Palo Verde will be closed from 3E to Lakin Drive on Saturday only to prevent any traffic snarls as a result of air show traffic.)

Also...

The Thunderbirds come into town on Thursday and will be doing flyovers to orient themselves for our airfield.  During this time, YPD will be implementing the listed roadway closures to all foot and vehicular traffic.  Also, on Friday, there is a rehearsal for Saturday's air show.  Once again, the road closures listed below will take place.

In addition, the area around Pico Lane will be closed again this year as will the 4th Avenue extension from 40th Street to Avenue A.

We are getting this information out to you now so that you and your families/friends can plan accordingly for your travels during the times listed below:

ROAD CLOSURE DATES/TIMES:

Thursday March 15th:  12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday March 16th:  1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Saturday March 17th: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Lynn Evans

cpasley

If anyone from the valley is going to Yuma tomorrow could you please let me know, my ride bailed on me just now, I will give plenty for gas and the inconvenience, im in a bind but if you can help please text or call at 602-465-7153, thanks everyone